If you are serious about starting and online business than there are only a couple requirements you need to be successful.
- Mindset – Internet marketing is a dynamic, ever changing environment and requires a good work ethic. It is not a get rich quick, no work required business, no matter what someone else tries to sell you. You need a good business plan, and a good work ethic to complete the tasks required to carry out that plan.
- Have a niche – You must have a product or service that you are interested in selling. It should be one that either you are passionate about or know a great deal about. You will then need to have something of value to offer and then brand your niche around the value you offer.
OK, for those that really know what they want, have the work ethic required and a product or service they wish to market online than there are a few things you will need. These may seem obvious however doing this step by step correctly, will save you a lot of valuable time and money.
- Pick a keyword rich domain name – You will need a domain name that is relevant to your niche and the words used in your domain names (many use more than one) should be a keyword or a keyword phrase.
- Website – You will of course need a website and not just any site will do. I highly recommend using a WordPress site to start because they are very professional with an easy to learn CMS (control management system). Online business owners need to spend more time creating value for their customers than building websites and that is what WordPress is all about.
- A hosting account – You will need a place to host your website for the world to see. Not just any hosting will do for those that are new to Internet marketing. We recommend using a hosting company that offers little to no monthly fees without advertising. You will want upgrades available as your business grows and a c-panel for total control.
Let’s get started:
Before you do anything else you will need to learn a few online skills. These skills will save you countless hours and a lot of money. After you learn these skills you will be competent enough to fully understand the dynamics of Internet marketing and have the ability to develop online business strategies.
- Learn keyword research – Before you pick a domain name and build your first website you must learn how to find keyword phrases relevant to your niche. Think of keywords as the primary way to get free targeted traffic to your website. This is the first skill required for SEO (search engine optimization) and without this skill you will either have to outsource this work or fail online. So, before you pick your domains and create your website content take a couple weeks to learn and fully understand keyword research.
- We highly recommend using Market Samurai online business software because it is in my opinion the best software available. They offer a free trail and even if you decide you are not ready to purchase the software they allow you to keep their keyword research tool. Honestly in my opinion this is a fantastic opportunity you simply must take advantage of. Market Samurai is packed with all the important modules necessary to market online and use video tutorials to teach you along the way.
- Keep in mind that you can do keyword research on Google AdWords, however they do not train you to understand the process of choosing the right keywords and therefore in our opinion its waste of valuable time. You simply need to learn this skill before choosing your domains and creating your website content. This skill will likely be the difference between online success or online failure.
Ok, go get your Market Samurai free trial and study the Keyword research tutorial. Then find the keyword phases that are relevant and have the least amounta replacement, or acceptable amount of competition. Put together a list of these keywords and keyword phases.
When you are reasonably sure you have keyword research down and have your list ready, go to Super Team Marketing/silver or Net Hosting solutions and purchase your domain name (or names). They have the most competitive prices available on the net!
After you have purchased your keyword rich domain take advantage of Super Team Marketing’s Silver membership with Free Hosting for only 4.95 a month! With your membership you will receive your choice of many WordPress themes and a 27 video series of how to build your WordPress site. Their membership includes hundreds of how to articles and instruction videos on marketing a successful online business.
Build your site content around your chosen keyword phrases. That along with your keyword rich domain name will help you with search results leading traffic to your new online business.
Next learn as much as possible about article and video marketing, again using keyword phrases you have researched. We recommend if possible outsourcing the articles and videos so that you can concentrate most of your effort on creating value for your customers. You will need to continually submit articles and videos as fresh new content back-linking to your website in order to gain rank positions with the major search engines.
This is why I recommend outsourcing to those that are more competent in their respective fields. There simply is not enough time to do it all. There are however, many virtual assistants these days able to write your articles and submit them to article directories, social networking sites, etc… daily at a very reasonable price.
As a business owner it is important that you get qualified people to get what you need done, then oversee the work to see that it is acceptable for your business. This is basically how most successful businesses run and I suggest do the same.
Leave a Reply